OSHA may think they can show up and squeeze a juicy fine out of you… until they read your safety plan!
In the time it takes for an OSHA inspector to walk in your front door for a “courtesy visit” — actually looking for your company’s safety plan, you can have it printing before s/he fines you upwards of $7,000 for not having one!
It may seem the clear & present danger is OSHA, but it really is necessary to create and maintain a safe & healthy work environment. Here’s what you and your people need to know and do — In a nice handbook. And it will keep OSHA out of your pocket!
The risk of getting a visit from OSHA is more likely than ever with increased enforcement actions. This informative software system will prepare you and your managers for an OSHA inspection, minimizing legal risks, headaches and, of course, injuries.
Over the last year OSHA has been rolling out several rule changes to update and tighten policies, showing its commitment to a more aggressive enforcement agenda. Don’t get caught unprepared, use Safety Plan Builder Illness & Injury prevention plan software to prepare your workplace for an OSHA Inspection.
“Using Safety Plan Builder can save a company thousands or even millions of dollars in reduced or avoided legal judgments. Believe me when I say that plaintiff attorneys just don’t want to come up against this type of written plan!”
~ Mark Thierman, Labor Law Attorney, San Francisco, CA
Cloud-Based App & Templates — Works for BOTH PCs and Macs!
Includes Ongoing Updates — Renews Annually
Publish a comprehensive, written OSHA-compliant safety plan and training handbook fast!
Safety Plan Builder software helps you publish a custom illness and injury prevention manual to quickly and easily comply with OSHA
(California SB-198 too), avoid lawsuits, train your employees, and provide a safe workplace.
Menu-driven from start to finish, its organized system gives you a comprehensive Injury & Illness Prevention Plan manual that has been thoroughly proven. There are no new programs to learn — just click and edit.
- For Business Owners, Office Managers, HR Consultants, Safety Officers
- You have 5-7 employees and may be thinking of adding more…
- Enable employees to share in responsibilities for a safe environment
- JIAN’s Multi-user Interactive Document Assembly System (MIDAS) makes adding, editing and managing documents fast and easy
- Scroll through each section and edit using your familiar Microsoft Word
- Experts’ comments throughout each section, in green, guides you every step of the way, explaining issues and making suggestions to help you do it right
- Edit and customize any document the way you want it
- Drag & drop sections to change the order
- Collaborate over a network, server or the Internet (Each user requires their own licensed copy.)
- Check the boxes for each section you want to include in your final printed document
- You can even add your own external documents, or create new sections
- Save your Safety Plan as PDF or HTML — Easily post it to your website
- Share your plan online with consultants, partners and employees
Click on 55 safe work practice categories
- Over 250 customizeable templates of industry-specific Safe Work Practices
- Easily edit – customize with your own logo & images
- Uses JIAN’s cool multi-user, collaborative document assembly system
- Step x step instructions explain each component and offer best practices
- Professionally formatted
- Save as a PDF or html to post to your website
- Immediate access after purchase
“We’ve had Safety Plan Builder in the past and it’s a great product. It really saves time and money by providing all the research that you would have to do on your own and puts it into the correct format that OSHA understands and accepts. We highly recommend this product to anyone who needs to establish a Safety Plan for their business.”
~ Bruce Whitten, Fred’s Crane Service
Download Safety Plan Builder illness & injury prevention software now and write your OSHA-compliant safety handbook
The federal Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) sets a national minimum standard for safety, but allows local jurisdictions to adopt standards which are at least as stringent. Under common law, as an employer, you are obligated to provide your employees with a safe place to work.
OSHA’s “General Duty Clause” states…
“Each employer shall furnish to each of his employees employment and place of employment which are free from recognized hazards that are causing or are likely to cause death or serious physical harm to his employees.”
OSHA defines “recognized hazards” in its recently revised Field Operations Manual (FOM) for inspectors, and lists three ways in which a hazard qualifies as recognized:
- Employer recognition: This can be established by evidence of actual employer knowledge of a hazardous condition
- Industry recognition: A hazard is recognized if the employer’s industry is aware of its existence
- Common sense recognition: The FOM states, “Hazard recognition can still be established if a hazardous condition is so obvious that any reasonable person would have recognized it.”
As a business person, you must provide customers, vendors and other people who visit your company site with safe passage. As an owner or occupant of any property, you must maintain it in a condition safe for everyone who comes onto your property.
Besides obviously making everything right, what proof do you have that you are interested in safety and have done something about having a safe workplace? A written safety handbook can be your best defense against lawsuits…
“Well done! …I would emphasize the speed and anyone-can-do-it nature of the program. I think it’s a great product and I think it is a great step forward in our ability to provide safe and healthful places of employment.”
~ Jack Wright, Certified Safety Professional, Chattanooga, TN
OUCH!!! Did you know that…
A simple lock-out block-out device could have saved the lives of two men who were cleaning a tire manufacturing machine at the Bridgestone Tire & Rubber Company in Akron, Ohio. The lock-out is placed on the On/Off switch to prevent anyone from accidentally starting the machine. The block-out device is like a steel bar wedged in the gears that prevents the machine from moving. Apparently the men used neither device and were unaware of the hazard.
The director of OSHA personally delivered a $7.4 million penalty against Bridgestone!
A $150 investment in SafetyPlanBuilder and a few minutes’ work to create a written company safety manual might have prevented this tragic accident and saved Bridgestone millions! It can for you. Comply with OSHA workplace regulations with ease!
More safety horror stories
See how you like it… You can review a copy of the entire handbook template
Read a copy of the master templateClick to Download a Sample Safety Plan
Notice the first few of pages:
- Introductory memo (can easily be copied into an email) to employees.
- Receipt & Acknowledgment of your written Safety Manual — a plaintiff’s lawyer will have a difficult time bypassing this document!
- Cover Page
- Table of Contents
- General Code of Safe Work Practices
- Responsible Safety Officer
- Employee Health Services
- Safety Training
“I feel that the safety plan is very comprehensive and will be a great template for us to use to tailor our company’s safety plan. Along with our HR Manager, we both read the plan and concur that we will definitely use this template as it covers all aspects of our company and safety issues that we deal with daily. I would recommend this plan to any company looking to establish a Safety Plan, whether it be a new company, or an existing company wanting to revise their current plan.”
~ John Crawford, Director of Facilities, AM Management
Be safety compliant with OSHA in all 50 states
It’s a tangled mess of complicated laws, but Safety Plan Builder sorts it all out for you. When laws differ, Safety Plan Builder takes the highest legal standard and builds it into your plan — to offer you and your employees maximum protection. The result?
- A comprehensive, industry and state-specific safety plan that complies with all applicable OSHA and state laws
- The customized safety manual can be a tool for self-auditing your facility
- Identifying each safety hazard and potential safety problem in your work environment
- Once identified, the manual provides clear and concise language for dealing with the problem
- Just having a written safety plan usually reduces the fines to one-tenth of the average
Don’t think you’re safe if your business is office-based rather than industrial. You’re still required to comply with OSHA, and you’re still vulnerable to lawsuits! A written safety manual is important.
In addition to the legal protection Safety Plan Builder provides, concrete benefits on a basic human level. A written safety plan can boost morale, preserve the health and productivity of your employees, and help create a positive atmosphere in your workplace. With Safety Plan Builder, everybody wins.
“I would recommend this program to anyone in the trades. It’s an excellent safety program that covers all the bases.”
~ James Stashluk, Owner, Stashluk Mechanical Contractors, Pittstown, NJ
55 Safe Work Practice categories covered
Menu-driven from start to finish, Safety Plan Builder’s organized system gives you a comprehensive Injury & Illness Prevention manual that has been thoroughly proven. No new programs to learn! Just click and customize.
- Abrasive Wheel – (Grinders)
- Biological Hazards
- Building Management & Construction
- Blasting Operations
- Compressors & Compressed Air
- Compressed Gas & Cylinders
- Confined Spaces
- Cryogenic Fluids
- Environmental Controls
- Explosives (Possession & Handling)
- Fire Safety
- Floor & Wall Openings
- Grain Handling Facilities
- Hazard Warnings
- Hazardous Chemicals
- Hoists & Auxiliary Equipment
- Hydrogen Furnaces
- Industrial Trucks & Forklifts
- Infection Control
- Kitchen Safety
- Ladders & Scaffolds
- Laser Safety
- Lockout / Block-out Procedures
- Machine / Mechanical Guarding
- Material Handling
- Off-Site Safety
- Offsite Safety
- Oil & Gas Wells
- Piping Systems
- Power Actuated Tools
- Pressure Safety
- Protective Equipment
- Pulp Paper & Paperboard Mills
- Sawmills & Woodworking Operations
- Sanitizing Equipment & Clothing
- Seismic Safety
- Spraying Operations
- Steel & Hot Metal Handling
- Tools & Tool Maintenance
- Traffic & Transportation
- Welding, Cutting & Brazing
Publish your complete safety plan in a few minutes
All elements of your safety plan are pre-written for you.
Thanks to its huge database, SafetyPlanBuilder easily manages more than 250 pre-written pages of industry-specific Safe Work Practices. Easy-to-use menus help you select the paragraphs appropriate to your for your business or industry and state. And you can easily customize it for use as a handy training manual for your employees. Within minutes, SafetyPlanBuilder automatically assembles a complete document:
“The download was flawless. I used this product several years ago at another company. When I needed to make a safety plan for at my new company I started searching the web for this product. I took less than 1/2 hour to make the plan and get it out to the field. Thanks.”
~ Greg Moss, Director of Construction, GenCap Construction
If publishing a safety plan is on your to-do list, you can get it done and in place quickly. Time it… about 20 minutes from start to finish!
- Select your [Industry]…
- Pull-down from the NAICS listing to auto-fill your industry throughout.
- [Select your State]
- Next, [Enter your Company variables]
- Company Name
- Safety Officer
- Where Safety Notices are posted
- Where MSDSs are kept
- Where Emergency Phone Numbers are listed
- Where Eyewash is kept
- Save & Print! (Or leave on line for your employees to access)
Money-Saving Subscription Offer: $34 / mo
HR & Management Policies & Procedures Package!
Includes our full suite of HR Management Apps
Subscribe to this Human Resource management software bundle and upgrade your HR department overnight!
- Employee Manual Builder – Creates your workplace policies handbook
- HR File Builder – Keeps track of Employee Records
- Safety Plan Builder – Keeps you ahead of OSHA and plaintiff lawyers, also provides a safe workplace
- Cloud-based CRM – Manages much more than just contact relationships…
- Sample HR legal business contract templates – Saves time and expense on legal docs you can do yourself, then have your attorney review them.
- 24/7 secure access to All of them for just $34 / mo
- Add Users for just $4.77 / mo. each
(Controlled, secure access to the entire package.)
- Ongoing updates included